There are many more, most of the ones we chose are related to pollution generated by plastics.
- Did you know there’s a plastic island in the Pacific Ocean? It’s surface is 6 times larger than Ecuador’s.
- Of the 300 million tons of plastic produced every year, do you know how many end up in the ocean? 7 million.
- The plastic waste thrown into the ocean kill about a million sea animals a year.
- The plastic bags and bottles take between 450 and 1000 years to decompose.
- 160,000 plastic bags are used per second.
- Every 2 seconds, men destroy a forest the size of a football field.
- Contamination is one of the major causes of death in the world, it affects more than 100 million people.
- We are using 50% more of the natural resources that the Earth can provide.
- Of all the water in the world, 97% is salt water, 2% is frozen and only 1% is available for human needs.
- Every person uses around 300 liters of water, a day.
We also share 10 ways you can help the planet! #Planet Day. We hope you have learned a little more about the impact that human actions have on the planet.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTERS